Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Stem cell question

So while I'm figuring out where this is supposed to go, I'm going to post it here so I don't lose it.


In the movie, they refer to a euthanasia act that that states it's okay for the company to make the clones, so long as they are never sentient, conscious beings. My question is what's the point of making a full body clone as opposed to organs on demand? If currently scientists can 3D print tissue, what's stopping them from making organs or bones or other body parts in just a few days, and distributing them to everyone, not only the rich?  Is that a possibility in real life?

Side note, on his blog I posted it, and deleted it to change something really quick, and reposted it, and now it looks super sketchy and I feel really weird about it. Oh gosh the anxiety.

No comments:

Post a Comment